Monday, February 14, 2005

Finally I put a pic on my profile

I really love this blog idea Joy...many props to you...

so how is Roanoke by the way...I worked there through a temp agency for about 2 weeks...I forget the name of the place...

I lived in Blacksburg for a while...my friend was relocated from Pgh to down there with her company Echostar (Dish Network). I was between jobs, very aimless and needed a change so I went with her...of course there is nothing to do there except get extremely loaded on Virginia Tech's campus and find yourself in awkward predicaments that I am very thankful to have survived through and frequently ask myself what the hell were you thinking...but I attribute it to being young and stupid...

I very much enjoy hiking today as I did then, I used to hike the Jefferson National Forest down there. There was a place called the Cascades...where you hiked up 1 or 2 miles and came to the foot of 60 or 65 foot waterfall...a very WONDERFUL place...that I still think of often...

If you ever get the urge for a little outdoors you should go there, since you are closer than I'll ever be...I often wish it were still just a short drive...never really found a place quite like it yet...
I miss some things about Virginia...not the rednecks though...They didn't appreciate me much...

3 Comments:

Blogger Ĵōÿ said...

Roanoke is as ever, hard to find a good job in, and the campus's are still doing the same things to different people. UVA and VATECH, wasting teenagers and young adults for over a hundred years or so now combined Im sure. Likely far longer.

And wow, the cascades. Cascading falls, I can never remember the name of the place and I can see the sign for it like its in my front yard.

That is my all time favorite place to hike. Its also a very romatic place to go with a signicant other. Its not crowded and you really have to be a good hiker to get back up top in any reasonable time, Im sure thats the reason for lack of crowds there.

That place is only about a 15 minute ride from my old house in Bedford and is indeed in the Jeff Nat forest, but also accessible from the blue ridge parkway via Peaks of Otter.

Love it!! Seriously, when I think about hiking, thats the only place I go.

*shivers*

2:42 AM  
Blogger Ĵōÿ said...

Oh and I did see the pic on the profile. Great one, very peaceful. Always enjoy that peace, it never seems to last once you come down out of the mountains :D

2:43 AM  
Blogger Azathoth100 said...

I love the pic. Very peacful looking. I miss hiking. Haven't done it in years. Sorry to hear about the rednecks too. Damn inbreds.

7:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home