Tuesday, March 01, 2005

AZ!!!

Dude,

I go to your blog last night, and realize I'm a little behind on your posts...and I come to the Indigo Girls Ghost lyrics....I used to listen to the Rites To Passage every day in my car when I was 19, and haven't listened to it in over 8 years...when I saw those lyrics tears came to my eyes and I started singing it...only to find that I couldn't find the tune as it picks up and I was scared because I used to sing this song EVERY DAY without any music to it...So, I go on a rampage through the house looking for the cassette it was on...that's right cassette tape....so I end up tearing the whole closet apart bags, boxes, and whatever else was in my way and I still did NOT find it, so then I go online again, I can listen to about 24 seconds of it as a sample and it plays the part I remember so that is not helping....

when my significant other gets home I attack him with the words "I MUST HEAR THIS SONG NOW" my eyes full of tears, he's confused what is wrong with you" I don't know I NEED TO HEAR THIS SONG...

so needless to say he, again my savior, found the song online and made it possible for me to hear it...so here I type listening to it for the 32nd time in a row....

THANK YOU So much For returning me to music I had left so far behind...yet NEEDED to take with me all along....

When I was younger I liked the harmonies, the sounds of their guitars, the sounds of their songs, but NOW the words mean MORE to me...they make more sense to me....they pierce right through me...like I've earned my Rite to Passage...

so again THANK YOU...

THANK YOU

THANK YOU

1 Comments:

Blogger Azathoth100 said...

I love the sound, but it's the lyrics that make me feel like crying and smiling at the same time. I'm glad I was able to remind you of an old favorite, and highly recomend anyone who's been in unrequited love to listen to it too. It was first played for me by my friend Ed so many years ago, and with each year it seems to mean even more. Smile Bookend.

2:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home