Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Tha Man

Okay sorry but I have to do this. Denis Leary may be considered a comedian who speaks like hes enraged, chain smokes and drinks beer on stage, but to be honest, I think hes one of the smartest modern philosophers still living. Here are some of his best quotes.

"It doesn't matter how big the warnings on the cigarettes are; you could have a black pack, with a skull and crossbones on the front, called TUMORS, and smokers would be around the block going, "I can't wait to get my hands on these fucking things! I bet ya get a tumor as soon as you light up!"

"What's the problem with just smoking a joint, eating a couple of twinkies, and going to sleep, was that a problem? "

"I can remember a time in this country when men were proud to get cancer, goddammit! It was a sign of manhood! John Wayne had cancer twice. Second time, they took out one of his lungs. He said, "Take 'em both! I don't fuckin' need 'em! I'll grow gills and breathe like a fish!"

"Smoking takes ten years off your life. Well it's the ten worst years, isn't it folks? It's the ones at the end! It's the wheelchair, kidney dialysis, adult diaper fucking years. You can have those years! We don't want 'em, alright?"

"Remember Jim Fixx? The big famous jogging guy? Jogged fifteen miles a day. Did a jogging book. Did a jogging video. Dropped dead of a heart attack when? When he was fucking jogging, that's when!"

"Yeah, I'd like to do some cocaine. I'd like to do a drug that makes my penis small, makes my nose bleed, makes my heart explode, and sucks all my money out of the bank."

"That's why I'm glad Jesus died when he did. Because if he lived to be 40, he would have ended up like Elvis. He was famous already at that point. If he lived to be 40, he'd be walking around Jerusalem with a big fat beer gut and black side burns going, Damn, I'm the son of God. Give me a cheeseburger and french fries right now"

"Stevie Ray Vaughan is dead, and we can't get Jon Bon Jovi onto a fucking helicopter!"

"Cocaine, we started that. You're welcome."

"You know what I'm gonna do? I'm gonna get myself a 1967 Cadillac El Dorado convertible. Hot pink! With whale-skin hubcaps and all leather cow interior and big brown baby seal eyes for headlights! Yeah! And I'm gonna drive around in that baby at 115 MPH, getting one mile per gallon, suckin' down Quarter-Pounder cheeseburgers from McDonalds in the old-fashioned non-biodegradable Styrofoam container and when I'm done suckin' down those grease-ball burgers, I'm gonna wipe my mouth with the American flag, and I'm gonna toss the Styrofoam containers right out the side, and there ain't a goddamn thing anybody can do about it. You know why? Because we got the bombs. That's why! Two words! Nuclear fuckin' weapons, okay? Russia, Germany, Romania, they can have all the democracy they want. They can have a big democracy cake and walk right through the middle of Tiananmen Square and it won't make a lickin' difference cause we got the bombs, okay? "

3 Comments:

Blogger A Cats Eye View On the World said...

i love me some dennis!! and i love john wayne too!!!!!!!!remember this joy?.... Hey guys whats up? want some crack?

11:06 AM  
Blogger Azathoth100 said...

Heh, always did enjoy his stand up. Shame he dosn't seem to do them anymore, or at least I haven't heard anything new for quite some time.

11:24 AM  
Blogger Ĵōÿ said...

Cat - LOL, god Will Ferrel just killed me when he did that. I think I watched that scene like 20 times.

Az - I soooo wish he still did stand up too. He will every once in a while Im sure, prolly to raise money for NYFD.

2:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home