Saturday, January 12, 2008


Karen's service was today. It went very well, and everyone had the same thing to say. The nicest person anyone could have the opportunity to meet, she never wanted to leave anyone out, and had a million dollar smile. The picture over there doesn't really show that smile too well, but it's the only one that I was able to find online of her.

To carry on where I left off last time, as I showed up to that Perkins outing, It was a great surprise to see her there. She stood up and immediately opened her arms for a hug. This is the first time I'd seen her since the tenth grade, which was 4 years ago at that point. I gave her a gentle hug, not knowing how she was doing, and she replied with "Hug me like you mean it damn it!" Thats how I'm going to remember her.

A few days later new years came around, and Adam (a good friend, and old co-worker of mine, also the best friend of Karen) and I had a party to go to, well Karen being in and out of the hospital so often (which I had no clue of up until this past week) wanted to come along while she was still feeling well enough to go out and about. Stupidly, I had Adam have his contact pick up all the beer for this party, and instead of getting miller genuine draft, it was miller high life... no thanks. I had a beer and a half there, and that was enough of that trash. Being as we were all underage there, Adam very sneakily walked across the street with his beer as we walked up to the house, while I slowly just walked with a case of beer in hand, following behind Karen, who was having so much trouble walking because of the pain. The front stoop to get into the house took her a while, but I have all the patience in the world for someone like her.



Once again, I've got prior engagements at the bike shop I need to attend to, nothing like a funeral and an employee poker shindig all in one day right? I'd just like to say that I'm still sad that she had to pass so young, but it was really for the best, she was in so much pain. I'm not a religious person by any means, but I really hope I can run into her again some day. Till later, I will carry on. Thanks Az and Joy, I truly appreciate being able to just write this down and get it out. It's very liberating to just let the text flow, and get it out there instead of keeping it all inside. To be continued again.

3 Comments:

Blogger Kuan said...

A strong bond never ends even when death takes the physical body away we always carry a part of them in our souls and that is some thing we can never loose, it endures all time and space.
Wish her well and talk to her often and alway carry her in your heart for there she'll live forver.

Peace
Kuan

11:35 PM  
Blogger Ĵōÿ said...

Omg, I didnt know when you posted before that you meant Karen. I cried pretty good when I realized that reading this. Im so sorry Dan, please finish telling her story for everyone here, and for you and for her.

Remembering someone is the best you can do to honor how much their life meant to you.

You need my book. I need to send it but I cant find my jump drive so Im waiting on my publisher to send me a new copy in adobe.

1:13 AM  
Blogger Azathoth100 said...

My heart goes out to you Dan. I cannot erase you pain, and perhaps would not if I could. If they were loved then they are worth the pain. Spin forth her story for those who will read it. Know that she exists in your heart for as long as your heart may beat.

8:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home