Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Where it may go...

"Not all who wander are lost"

It's a quote from J.R.R. Tolkien. I've spent my whole life in C.T. I've never felt the urge to move elsewhere. This is where my family, friends, and past are bound. Even those who go elsewhere come back sometimes to this state. Here I've stayed as the ages pass and the years fly by. Now as I head into another turn of this world for myself I wonder if maybe I've been wrong to stay so complacent here. For there are times I feel so lost, and I fear that I shall never find myself in this place, so wieghted by memories. I have watched others place thier feet upon the path beyond the fake boundries of states and travel to places I've only read about. There is more to this life than what I've seen. But the question remains is differant necissarily better? I've always judged myself by the people I love, if I were to leave them behind who would I find myself to be? If in leaving I was to strip away everything I've come to think of myself, what would be left? Whatif I found what i've always feared to be true, that the man I am isn't someone I like? Do I use the past as a shield, my heart as a wall between self and perception? Or perhaps I am but looking for grass that will be no greener as the road leads on? Maybe this is where my heart is for a reason? I could risk all, but what if the reward isn't worth the risk? Could it be that it is not fear but choice that keeps me held to this place? That somewhere in me I know that no matter where I may travel those I love would still be a siren call leading me home?
My mind wanders. But for now my body remains.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ĵōÿ said...

No matter what you write it always touches home for me.

I feel the same way about my little piece of earth here and I am adult enough to say that I fear what I might become if I took myself from everything Ive ever been. Or what I might cease to be.

12:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home