Thursday, August 25, 2005

Night

I just love nights like this. Went for a walk out here at 3Am and the clouds were covering the moon so everything was pitch black. You almost get the feeling that there's no one else alive in the world but you. Walking by dark houses that you can picture empty. No sounds but the wind. Then comes some noises, but you can't place them. It's like something out there is staying just out of your line of sight. Maybe following you. The heart picks up the beat a little. You can hear the echoes of your footsteps. In the distance a dog howls sadly (or maybe I should use mournfully here, I always liked that word and no one uses it anymore). There's a car parked awkwardly at the end of our street, the door hanging open just slightly. Makes your mind wonder why, what happened. The wind rustles the trees.

The another car drives by, lights on and blasting Christina Agulara music. The whole effect is ruined and it's time to go home and savory the memeory. Damn late night drunks.

2 Comments:

Blogger Fake Cell said...

To your previous question Az, I haven't seen her in over a month.

And man am I happy about it. At one point during the summer she said she didn't want a boyfriend, and a week later bam, she has one.

So i'm done with that stupid head games shit. I'm flying solo, and I don't need someone like her cluttering shit up.

On a side note, I have a new job that takes up a lot of time, averaging about 50 hours a week, and pay is 12.50 an hour, time and a half ovetime... you go ahead and do the math. The downside is its a night shift, so when i get home the world is sleeping, which is a good thing too, because if i have money i spend it... i'm a bit of a compulsive spender. So having no time gives me a bigger opportunity to save my money. :)

1:35 PM  
Blogger Ĵōÿ said...

I agree Az. I enjoy nights like this too, all the time where I live. Its so country :p. The real upside is when the stars are out in the country there is no city light glare to reduce the numbers of stars you can see, there are SOOOO many more then you can see in the city. By 3 am its also unlikely anyone blaring pop music would be awake, or bold enough to be blaring that crap in the country!

5:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home