Saturday, April 02, 2005

I can't spell, and it don't matter!

I got this in an E-mail:
Typoglycemia
> Don't delete this because it looks weird. Believe it or not you can read it .....
>
> I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid. Aoccdrnig to rscheearch taem at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Such a cdonition is arppoiately cllaed Typoglycemia :)-
>
> Amzanig huh? Yaeh and yuo awlyas thought slpeling was ipmorantt.

3 Comments:

Blogger Tiamat said...

For those who teach, this is easy to decipher. Now if you can figure out this gem from this past week's 4th grade writing, you're ahead of me:

eslame! The frunt dore klanged shut, eshakeing the putcheres on the liveing rume whales. I ran to the top of the stares to see what was hapnening! My dad stud in the dore way, esputering and eswarering under his barete.

Editing your work for spelling can be serious matter. A couple of examples:

An industrious group of purveyors of fine writing instruments named their website Pen Island. Funny thing, (and totally true) when I tried to load this page in my browser, my long-defunct AOL program loaded. Coincidence?

Long ago I worked at a newspaper and had the job of maintaining "The Editor's Shop of Horrors," a department that searched our printed editions to find errors that warranted apologies. The worst ever was in a one-inch headline for an article about the governor signing several new bills into law. The headline: The Governor's Pen Is Busy. They left out the space between pen and is.

9:45 PM  
Blogger Ĵōÿ said...

This is cool stuff! Ive seen it around on the net lately. Very intriguing!

3:18 PM  
Blogger Kenneth said...

very funny our brains...

6:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home